Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

keine_Ahnung
Engineer
Engineer

DB Train GRF with Pikkas new industries

Post by keine_Ahnung »

Hi there!

There are two GRF I really like one is the DB Train GRF and the other one is the new industries from Pikka. But I can't use these two together because the DB GRF doesn't support the new industries. I tried to contact the author if the DB GRF but he isn't active anymore so I wanted to ask the forum if there is anyone out there who could add the new materials to the DB GRF.
I think a can help with some graphics but I am pretty sure that I am not capable to do the scripting.
Is there anyone willing to help me with this?

Thanks!
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: DB Train GRF with Pikkas new industries

Post by Benny »

There is a GRF called "DB set XL (ECS Extension)" or something like that.
It supports Pikkas New Industries too. :)
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

keine_Ahnung wrote:I tried to contact the author if the DB GRF but he isn't active anymore ....
The author , Michael Blunck, is very much still active around here. Try searching for the DBXL set ECS extension, or words to that effect, for some results.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

Bennythen00b wrote:There is a GRF called "DB set XL (ECS Extension)" or something like that.
it does not, Pikkas cargos are not compatible with ECS cargos.

What i have done there was to decode the dbxl_ecs grf, and set the refit masks accordingly. but i'm not sure if i can distribute such a changed grf.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Not without the original author's permission, in which case you should email Michael Blunk - not PMs, as his signature says not to, if I recall correctly.
keine_Ahnung
Engineer
Engineer

Post by keine_Ahnung »

I tried to connect him but Josef Drexler told me that he is not active any more. But I see if I can find another mailaddress.

@ Eddi: So you changed the DB GRF so that it works now with the new industries. But I can't find the working GRF on the net, is this right?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

he posted in the forum just a few hours ago, so he definitely is active :)

yes, the actual changes are rather small. they just are not easy if you don't know what you are doing
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
Eddi wrote:
Bennythen00b wrote:There is a GRF called "DB set XL (ECS Extension)" or something like that.
it does not, Pikkas cargos are not compatible with ECS cargos.
You misunderstood. ECS and PBI are two different industry sets. I don't know if you could use both in the same game, but if you use one of the sets the cargos will be supported through DB set with the DB set extension for new cargos. So you have to use one of the industry sets and to load the DB set extension after the DB set in the grf list. And: Yes, the DB set extension supports PBI cargos.

Tschö, Auge
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

maybe you misunderstand me, but let me point you to the relevant discussion with The Man himself
michael blunck wrote: [...] "clay" is unknown to ECS, but you´re using the "ECS extension", so ...
... or maybe you have a different "extension for new cargos" than i have...
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

Well it would be more appropriate to say then that DBSet with the ECS extension is compatible with PBI but not with the UKRS Brick Chain add-on...
keine_Ahnung
Engineer
Engineer

Post by keine_Ahnung »

Okay that sounds good. That DBSet with the ECS extension is compatible with PBI is good enough with me. Perhaps Michael finds some time to add the brick chain at some point.

I downloaded the ECS vektors but I have to say I don't really like them. The graphiks don't fit in TTD. The style is completely different and the bulidings are way to big.

I think I try:
total town replacment
Industrial stations
PBI
DBset
DB ECS extension
???

anything else I should load?
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

Well, I'd advise the following on top of this:

Newstations - these are passenger railway stations also from Michael Blunck
German RV Set - if you are playing a German themed map
(e)GRVTS - this is also a road vehicle set, you should load only one of these two (so either this or the German)
Then there is also a German town names GRF
And you could also try a bridge replacement GRF - Total Bridge Renewal Set most probably
Oh, and Newships if you plan to use ships as well, there's an ECS adapter for this, too.
If you want to use planes then you could also load either the Aviators Aircraft Set or the Planeset.

And btw you can still use parts of the UKRS Industries Brick Chain GRF if you decide to load it. I mean you can surely use the Quarry - Engineers yard chain of it. And if you have a road vehicle set that supports clay, then you can use it fully, just need road vehicles to transport clay...
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

keine_Ahnung wrote:That DBSet with the ECS extension is compatible with PBI is good enough with me. Perhaps Michael finds some time to add the brick chain at some point.
The next release of DBXL will support all ECS cargoes complete with proper cargo graphics. However, I don´t think that I will support non-ECS cargoes, at least not with cargo graphics.
I downloaded the ECS vektors but I have to say I don't really like them. The graphiks don't fit in TTD. The style is completely different and the bulidings are way to big.
Well, George´s ECS vectors are the only ECS implementation at the time being. Because a full implementation is a lot of work code-wise, and it would need another exceptional load of new graphics, this cannot be achieved right from the start, neither for George´s nor for any other set. As far as I understand, the graphics in George´s vectors will be modified towards a more pleasing "TTD style", step by step.

BTW, there´s a German tt-forum which you might take a look into and find helpful discussions both of ECS and PBI workings there.

regards
Michael

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”