YAPF debug information explained

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

tohecz
Engineer
Engineer

YAPF debug information explained

Post by tohecz »

I would like to understand the information that YAPF shows with debuglevel 3. I mean for example:

Code: Select all

dbg: [yapf][YAPFt]  41- 304us - 27 rounds - 22 open - 26 closed - CHR 77.8% - C 31498 - D 0 - c0(sc0,ts0,o0) --
As well, is it somehow possible to display this information only for one train?

Thanks a lot!
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: YAPF debug information explained

Post by Eddi »

the person who implemented YAPF hasn't been around here for 5 years, so you'd have to dig in the code by yourself probably to find out what exactly this means. the 31000-ish value is likely the sum of all penalties to the destination.

other than stopping all trains, there is no way to filter this output, except by modifying the code yourself. (adding the vehicle-id might be a start, then you could at least grep through the output)
tohecz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tohecz »

Some of the information is clear: "[YAPFt]" stands for train (as opposed to "[YAPFr]", ...), then the train number follows ("41" in this case), and the "C value" at the end is the total penalty of the chosen path I believe.
Michi_cc
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Michi_cc »

Following the vehicle number is the time taken, the number of iterations needed, number of nodes in the open and closed lists (i.e. unvisited next nodes and visited nodes) followed by the cache hit ratio. Then comes the total penalty, distance to intended destination tile (or something like that), and finally some more run times, which might not be measured anymore in the code.
-- Michael Lutz

Return to “General OpenTTD”